Your surfing online is going to end here if you are looking for the best WordPress theme for your food blogging website.
Sharing yummy recipes with others is another way to enjoy taking foods and a great way to earn some bucks that you may know already :). Here in this great article, you are going to discover the best and most perfect food blogging WordPress theme to kick start your journey. The piece is the ‘TinySalt’ theme by ThemeForest. I have searched online and hand-picked this theme as the best one cuz its appearance is so tempting unlike others and features are so large in number.
All the premium themes related to food blogging have been developed in a common way having fewer features, but TinySalt has been different. Developer(s) targeted a great item actually and they succeeded as the theme has been so popular after just releasing it. Anyhow, below are the details about its features :).
Why TinySalt Is The Best Food Blog Theme?
I selected this theme as the best option to make recipes on your website. But why? TinySalt comes with 30+ blog variations, no type is left :), and every single blog template contains a modern and professional design. You know that for any sort of blogging website, a theme should have enough blog templates, and the same thing goes with such food blogging themes as well.
However, the home page also includes 10+ variations that are just enough to give you a perfect one without designing a custom home page. Quickly attracting the visitors and making them stay on your website for at least a good amount of time is a very important thing to turn them into customers. And, all of these home pages are designed with tempting, engaging, and stunning design. Thanks to the designer(s).
The front-end design is fine. But what about the admin panel? Yes, the admin panel/the theme options panel has 300+ theme options that are rarely found even in multipurpose premium WordPress themes. So, controlling everything of your website, whether it be the backend options or the ones in the front-end, will definitely be as simple as your mind wants. So far, it seems that this theme is the best food blogging WordPress theme. But, there are more :).
How Does The Theme look On Small Screens?
Nowadays, different people own different types of screens and most of them are tending to handheld devices that are portable and easy-to-use. So, releasing a theme is not enough, making it friendly on small devices is a crucial thing as well. And, all the demos designed in TinySalt are fully responsive, flexible, and looks pixel-perfect on small tablets or mobile devices.
On PC, you would notice the search box is on the navigation bar. But when it comes to small devices, it becomes a search icon and whenever someone clicks on the icon, the search box appears covering the entire screen, that is really so handy.
Besides, the navigation menu becomes a tray to the right side that appears sliding to the left when someone clicks on the three-line icon. Moreover, the background of the tray can have a custom beautiful background-image and if you want to showcase some social items, you can also do that under the menu items. So, almost every essential thing can be displayed even if it is a small screen.
Most of the themes don’t want to keep the slider on the very small screens but TinySalt’s developer(s) didn’t do that. They kept this with essential options – left-right navigator and some meta info of the featured posts. Plus, other sections and columns are also clearly designed and organized for the small screens such as the newsletter form and the Instagram feed :).
The homepage of a website has a crucial effect on the newcomers. Most of the visitors decide the authenticity of a website watching the first page and the first fold/section. This is why the first page and the first fold should be so attractive and welcoming. TinySalt’s homepage includes 12 built-in variations that all are very fascinating and welcoming. Modern and professional sliders, column-wise featured posts in a carousel, and much more attractive variations are packed in the theme.
What I loved the most are:
- The one with a simple but good looking slider with easy and handy controls;
- Slider with a tabbing option that shows posts when someone clicks on a specific tab on the right side;
- Thirdly, the slider that is column-wise where the left side shows the title & meta info and the right side shows the featured image
- The templates with a video banner and video sections are also so distinguished 🙂
- Besides, the parallax version and others are not bad.
All of those templates can have recently published posts with different kinds of paginations. My loved ones are the versions that load posts automatically, using the Ajax technology, when someone just scrolls. All the sections and inner-sections are sorted perfectly and integrated with soothing CSS transitions.
Recipe pages are the fundamental things in a food blogging website. So, these pages should be as user-friendly and easy-to-explore as possible. In this modern age, traditional blog/recipe pages are going to be extinct. Developers have changed the design and meta information on the single/detailed recipe page, especially the developer(s) of this theme did much.
On the main recipe index page, TinySalt’s developer(s) included functional filtering options. If someone selects different types of categories and other selections, the posts automatically update using the ajax functionality, the entire page doesn’t load.
The single page has several variations – with short featured image, full width featured image, and with & without sidebar. Simply choose any one of them. Plus, every single post/recipe counts how many times it has been viewed and how many people loved it. Thanks to the iconic way to present these pieces of stuff on every post.
TinySalt is powered by the best recipe-making plugin WP Recipe Maker. This great plugin has almost every kind of function and option to make recipes with time, ingredients, steps, and so on. You can easily add review functionality where readers can add their reviews with comments, show a print button and a pin button. Furthermore, all the steps of making a recipe can be presented step-by-step with images and videos.
Shop Related Pages:
You may have decided to sell food or kitchen-related products alongside blogging or you may have a future plan for it. Whatever that is, having eCommerce functionality is better for food bloggers even if the blogger doesn’t have any plan. Yes, that is because a time would come when the blogger would be able to make hundreds and thousands of bucks selling different types of foods and kitchen-related items.
Keeping this matter in mind, the developer(s) integrated a bunch of eCommerce options and essential pages with the help of the WooCommerce plugin. The shop page looks so minimal and awesome that has filtering options and pagination. Besides, with some awesome options, the single-product page comes. Sharing a product-link to Facebook, Twitter, and more social accounts has also been integrated into the single-product page nicely.
Other Essential Pages:
Some must-have pages are about page, contact page, 404 error page, and so on. Alongside these pages, the theme offers some more pages. Below are a bit details:
- About Page: The theme provides two types of about page – simple and complex. Both of the versions are professional but the complex version contains a slider section, a FAQ section, a testimonial section, and more useful sections.
- Contact Page: The contact page is so simple with a sticky image, some texts, and a contact form.
- FAQ Page: If you think that your readers can have questions about your business or blogs, you can add frequently asked questions as many as you want.
- 404 Page: When someone will enter a wrong page address, then it will show the 404 page with a search box where the user can enter keywords to search the website.
There are lots of food blogging themes online that offer just essential plugin-integrations. But, TinySalt offers a bunch of plugin-integrations. All of these plugins are secured, well-functioned, so popular, and trusted by thousands of customers around the world. Let’s learn a bit about these plugins:
- WP Recipe Maker: In my opinion, this is the best plugin that allows you to create recipes with tons of options that I mentioned before.
- Contact Form 7: If you search online for the best plugin to make different kinds of forms, you would most probably get this plugin as the recommended one. Anyhow, in the backend of your website, you can make so many functional and attractive forms easily.
- WooCommerce: The most used and best free eCommerce plugin to manage all the activities of an online shop.
- MailChimp For WP: If you don’t have an account on MailChimp, you should make one first, then collect emails from your visitors and send emails to their emails whenever any content is published. Collecting emails can be done using a popup opt-in form like in demo or using shortcodes on any other place.
- Yoast SEO: This is one of the best SEO tools to modify content effortlessly for SEO.
- W3 Total Cache: If you want to speed up your website’s page loading, you should use this. It is good to say that sometimes you may not get changes on the front-end if any change is made in the backend. This can happen if you make changes with custom codes or anything like that. Otherwise, it works very fine :).
- PolyLang & WPML: As you will publish recipes, you may need to translate your website into many languages. These two tools help you to do so. Both of these are integrated with the theme. So, translating your website is no matter.
More Mentionable Features:
TinySalt has more mentionable features that are slightly described as follows:
- SCSS files included that have logical strategies of styling
- Instant preview in the theme customizer
- Google rich snippets to improve search ranking
- Retina ready for the high-resolution screens
- 3 header variations with mega menu compatibility. And you can display the latest posts with thumbnails in the drop-down menu
- RTL (right to left) languages (Arabic, Hebrew, Urdu, etc) support
- Decent standard pagination, pagination with a ‘load more’ button, and infinite scroll pagination integrated
- Backend options to show/hide post meta information
- Post views count and likes/loves count for each individual post/recipe
- Sticky sidebar functionality while scrolling the page with show/hide options for each post/page
- 7 custom widgets, 900+ Google Fonts
- Google Adsense ready with multiple ad places
- Good-looking Instagram feed before the footer
- .pot file ready for translation
- Child theme included. It helps you to avoid any error if any custom code is needed
- Extensive and understandable online documentation.
You may have already known why TinySalt is the best. Its features don’t end. Almost every single mentionable feature I’ve tried to describe. Overall, TinySalt is the leading premium WordPress food blogging theme online. I wish you happy blogging with TinySalt :).