Valance of any window plays a big role to enhance the ultimate beauty of any window. For this reason, people are nowadays very much interested in adding valance in the window.
By valance, you can easily cover the top part of the windows of your kitchen so that it can look sound.
In today’s article, I’m now going to let you know how to make kitchen valance curtains. This step by step guidelines will help you make kitchen valance curtains easily.
Let’s look at a glance and enjoy!
Things You Need To Have To Make Kitchen Valance Curtains:
Whenever you want to make your kitchen valance curtains, make sure that you have collected the following things.
- Tape measure;
- Straight pins;
- And Chalk.
How To Make Kitchen Valance Curtains (DIY):
Here’s how to make kitchen valance curtains yourself. If you go through this step by step guidelines, you’ll be able to know how to do the job with ease. Let’s look at a glance.
- Measure The Width: Measure the width of the window using a tape measure.
- Measure The Length Of The Valance: Now, measure the length of the valance using the same tape measure. Have it in your mind that valance should be a little bit longer than the window. So, measure the tension rod or wood you’re going to use.
- Measure The Fabric And Cut It: Lay the fabric in any flat surface. If your intention is to make straight valance on a rod, then cut the fabric based on the tension rod length. On the other hand, if your intention is to make a gathered valance, then measure the fabric 2.½ times the window width. Based on your choice, you can cut the fabric a little bit longer or a litter bit shorter. However, always use chalk in order to cut the fabric at the right size. This is how you can accurately determine the size of the valance.
- Measure The Height Of The Valance: Now, measure the height of the valance how it should be. It totally depends on the width and height of the kitchen window. Mind it while too long valance will destroy the beauty of your kitchen window, too short valance will cause the same problem. So make a proper balance.
- Measure The Hem: Measure a 1-inch hem on both sides of the valance: And then pin the fabric and sew it. Remove the pin once you sew the fabric.
- Fold The Valance: Right now, fold the valance in half lengthwise: The fold should be at the bottom of the valance.
- Measure a 1-inch Hem: Measure a 1-inch hem from the top of the valance. Now pin and then saw in place. Once you’ve sewon, make sure that you have removed the pin.
- Measure 2-inch: Measure 2-inch below you have just sewon and then mark the place with chalk. Now, sew the chalk line in order to make a pocket.
- Decor The Kitchen Window: once you have down the step by step process, your kitchen valance curtain is ready to use. Now place the valance and decor of your kitchen window.
This is how you can make kitchen valance curtains.
How To Make Kitchen Valance Curtains (YouTube):
Let’s watch this video!
Can You Make No Sew Valance Curtains For Kitchen Window?
Of course! You can make no sew valance curtains for your kitchen windows. You just need to have a little bit experience of doing this type job earlier.
Can You Make Waterfall Valance In Your Kitchen Window?
Sure! You can make waterfall valance for your kitchen windows. Making waterfall valance is the same as making other typical valances.
Anyway, if you want to make waterfall valance in your kitchen windows, then follow this video in order to know how to do the process one by one.
Are Valances Out Of Style In 2021?
Let me tell you that this is a debatable question. While many of you want to pronounce that valances are out of style in 2020, many of you are not agreed with the phrase.
However, I myself want to break down the matter. Valances are still one of most common styles to decor kitchen windows. This method is not out of style in 2020.
What you need to do is to forget the oldest valance style. Instead, learn a few new styles and re-design your kitchen valances. You’ll see that your kitchen window is quite professional then the previous style.
This is how you can enhance your kitchen’s beauty with valance.
Are Valances Expensive?
Let me tell you that valances are a little bit expensive if you want to buy from any local market. On the contrary, if you yourself make valance, then you just need to spend some boxes to purchanse enough fabric.
Are Valances Necessary?
Valances are an additional part of the window which are added to make the window more beautiful. So, valances are not a mandatory part of the window.
What If I Don’t Add Valances In My Kitchen Windows?
If you don’t add valances in your kitchen windows, then it may look ugly. Plus, you may always feel something missing. In a lot of cases, you may feel shy to let your guest enter the kitchen.
So, compared to many other aspects, I highly recommend you add valances in your kitchen windows.
In a nutshell, it’s easy to make kitchen valance curtains once you have the necessary ingredients and some basic idea of home decorating.
However, if you still have any questions on your mind, feel free to let me know. I’ll reply to you as early as I can.
Have a nice day with your family members!
You may accidentally throw the dish soap on the carpet, but you need to clean it quickly. You can know how to get dish soap out of the carpet through this article. Here I will tell you the simplest...
What do you get when you mix a computer desk chair with a gaming console? A gaming chair. Gaming chairs are perfect for the avid gamers who spend hours on end in front of their monitor. They're also...